Saturday, June 23, 2007

basically...resposes.

So, as for the HR monitor. Matt got me one for my birthday and I've been using it. I think I mentioned that I spike of 225 on my road rides. Matt finally figured out that it's picking up the power line frequency. It makes sense since there are local feeder lines that I go under just a block away.
As for bombing down hill... I intentionally take a route that allows me to have a nice downhill run. Now that my bike is tuned up I can hit 40mph. I usually tuck and don't think about hitting the brakes until the hill runs out. I've never shied away from a good downhill 'tho. I used to ride up to WAHS just so that I could bomb down 5th Ave. (usually on a Sat or Sun with little traffic) I guess I have always figured that I don't go very fast otherwise, I might as well let gravity give me an assist. However, there really isn't a sustained downhill on the Mooseman course. I'm getting the impression that there usually aren't many hills on ironman courses.
I'm glad to hear that Thad has a good sense of humor. The walking across the bottom bit made me laugh out loud. I think that the swimming is overlooked and ends up being the most daunting. I'm glad that you guys are taking it seriously. I'll have to try to spend some time in the open water soon (I was gonna say "this summer" but it's here).
As for the "Clydesdale" division. I'm sure I'll be in it too. I've lost some weight this spring but I don't imagine that I'll ever get under 200 without major sustained effort. CC and SJV are big guys, I'm just flabby but I've haven't been under 200 in 15 years. HOLY Crap! That's horrible! Oh, well.
Finally... You nearly broke your toe off playing with your daughter in the pool? Well, wow. Wear that f#!*'in t-shirt! I'm sure there's an award for that somehow. Maybe we shoud have our own annual awards and have a "most stitches" category! I ended up with three staples on fathers day 2005... but I digress.
Oops, finally, finally. MC, You had some cramps while doing laps in the pool? YOU PUSSY! Walk it off! Otherwise, well done on beating those jocks!
Later.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

Yea! In the old days we just rubbed spit on it, or blood, or dirt . . . Whatever we had. Then we ran until your ACL was wrapped three time around your tibula, and we used this extra tension as our explosion step. We wanted cramps, it made us real MEN!