Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A few things TANGO

1) We drove up to Kinzua beach and to Dew Drop this weekend. Genine wanted to see what the run from the beach to the canoe launch would be like. She may be on board for this event as long as people aren't expecting record paces.
2) I saw Todd this weekend as well. He's going to check his schedule but I think he'd like to join us and be part of the canoe team. Casey should apply some arm twisting here.
I did do a bit of canoeing but didn't really leave Putnam's Eddy.
3) On the way up to Dew Drop I was glad Craig was going to do the bike.
4) Looking at the swim... Well I was wondering if you would want to try to take the straight line across to the beach or if you would want to reach the other side so that you could take a break now and then by standing.
5) We need to register. I was going to do this but the Y was closed on Sunday. I Guess I need to find out if he can modify our participants, or if whomever we register is the group and that's that.

2 comments:

SJV said...

Based on my more frequent swimming schedule of late, I think I am perfectly happy to go straight across, or as straight as possible, given the route. In a worst-case scenario (or what I hope is a worst case), I would simply turn over and do a leisurely backstroke minus arms for a minute or two. I haven't ever gotten to a point where I feel like I am going to drown or sink. I'm not planning on swimming so hard that that feeling becomes imminent. I am simply going to go as fast as I can for that distance. I have no idea how this will compare to other competitors, but it doesn't really matter. I won't be able to do much to change it once that day comes. I am doing as much to change it before that day comes as I can. I'm still hopeful there will be some other teams in this thing made up of people like us, and we will have some friendly competition. If there are a bunch of pros, we will be toast. But we can brag about our jobs and how many kids we have, and...ummm, what else? Oh, how much we eat! And how fast we can fix a malfunctioning Mac or how well we can oversee the human resources of an electrical generation facility. Yeah, how many pro athletes can say that?

SJV said...

Oh, and I wanted to add, if more people want to get involved, such as Todd and Genine and anyone else, I am happy to give up the canoe part. I'm sure I will be beat to heck from the swim anyway, and I want everyone who wants to participate to have a chance to do that, so please don't hesitate to throw somebody else in the canoe. I won't be hurt.