Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yo-ga, Yo-ga, Yo-ga

Well tonight was my first ever yoga session.
Tiffany asked what it was we were looking for from the sessions. I explained that I felt that I didn't really have a clue as to how to get myself stretched out properly and that eventually I thought the strength side of yoga would address some of my weaknesses. I then asked her to feel free to point out weaknesses as we go along. She said that I would feel where the weaknesses are and she wouldn't have to tell me. Yet as we went through the session she named 2 things that have been concerning me. Weak adductors and very tight hip flexors. (always nice to have confirmation).

Tiffany worked with Genine and I on a number of poses and she was constantly correcting our form and adjusting for my lack of flexibility. The session was exactly what I was hoping for. I left feeling confident that this is going to be a good addition to the workout schedule. I know I have a long road ahead, but it will be fun.

3 comments:

m said...

Glad it went well! Soon sb will be a pretzel!

CSquared said...

I know Shawn will be interested in how to fit into a 1' by 1' box, and slow your heart beat down to 7 BPM.

Hey if I could do this right before a triathlon, what would be my new zone 1.

catmarlson said...

"Soon sb will be a pretzel!"

I had loftier goals than being a pretzel... Cirque Du Soleil perhaps??
Currently I could join a circus as part of this line up.
"World's Tallest Midget"
"World's thinnest Fat Man"
"World's most inflexible Contortionist"

Don't put yourself into a 1x1 box around Shawn. He's very likely to throw it or jump on it!

I suppose that lowering your HR to 7 BPM could be good in a triathlon... if you were drowning during the swim and were waiting to be rescued????