Sunday, January 4, 2009

Say What????

Today at the pool I swam my workout with Esther (while Matt swam Maija's workout with her)....and I realized that there may actually be a few things that I enjoy about swimming. I know....who would of thought that those words would ever come out of my mouth!

First of all...Esther is so much fun to swim with! No big surprise there. But for maybe the first time ever in my brief swimming career I enjoyed swimming. Thanks in part to her. We did some good drills working on rotation and pull (kickboard between the legs and stroke using fist only) and some good kicking drills (always a favorite) and we used our FINS!! My fins are fast becoming my favorite pool toy. They make me feel fast!

Secondly...my biggest accomplishment of the afternoon was learning how to do flip turns. They are so much fun!! It's like doing somersaults in the water....my reward for making it to the other end of the pool! Of course they are no where near perfect, nor am I ready to break them out during swim class, but it's something new and different to work on (even though they do not help my breathing issues...but that will come along eventually). Thanks Esther for being such an awesome flip turn instructor!! You have helped to give me something fun to look forward to at the pool, like getting to dive of the blocks at the end of masters swimming.

2 comments:

m said...

You should bust them out at swim class! Elana will be so impressed.

Good job at swimming today. Matt should be shaking in hip fins...

esther said...

it was so fun swimming w/ you dud(ette)!! you're the fastest learner i ever met. and you'll be kicking my butt very soon.