Friday, January 2, 2009

Craig Race Guess's, not to lag too far behind.

Absolutely:
02/08/2009 PA Nordic Championship 5.5K ( I threaten to do a X-country ski race every year), Mill Run, PA
06/13/2008 Rocky Gap Sprint/International Tri,  Flinstone, MD
08/01/2009 Kinzua Country Tango, Warren, PA
08/09/2009   Spirit of MorgantownMorgantown, WV
08/29/2009  Sprint Splash Spin, Morgantown, WV

Of interest:
If I decided to try to do three Xterra races to get involved in the points deal with this group.
06/02/2009 XTERRA ACE Big Canyon TriathlonNew River Gorge National River, WV 
06/28/2009 XTERRA trimax off-road traithlon, Mifflinburg, PA

If I don't do the Xterra, interest:
07/13/2009  Scenic Mountain TriathlonRichwood, WV

Looks like a lot, especially with a new child.  Last year I did three triathlons, the Tango, and three 5K's.  So, the absolutes look like the way to go.  I may do the International version of the Rocky Gap race to compare my conditioning to the Mooseman group.  I was talking about cutting out the 5k races, but I enjoy those three races for so many reasons.  Of course a race near Shawn and a race near Matt seem attractive also.  See how much sleep/ exercise comes my way.  

Three New Year resolutions:
  1. Try to reduce High fructose corn syrup from my diet (soda comes first, but I have found a couple that use sugar).  Read the labels and do not buy if it is High Fructose Corn Syrup or find alternative.  Bad stuff.
  2. Arm Strength/Endurance.  On top of swimming, I need these useless appendages to be an advantage to me, not dead weight.  Matt's Push up schedule, maybe Kettle ball classes, and stepper workouts with straps.
  3. Read the bible in a year.  Nothing to do with exercise, but I can't say I have read the whole thing, even though I know the ending, I want to see all the details in-between.  Got a schedule that does it using 5 days a week, use weekends to catch up.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

SJV said...

I might be able to be talked into going to one or both of those first two XTerra races if you decide to do them. That's where I have no races on my schedule and the off-road element sounds fun, though my ankles might disagree on the run. I'm not going to try to do the one the day after the full Tango. I want to revel in the glory of being the first 500-pound Tango team to ever finish the race.

Good locations for me too, fits into the schedule, buddy might be there...let me know if you are going to sign up. Then twist my arm.

SJV said...

Sorry, I mean the second and third, the trimax and the EX2. Can't do the first 'cause I won't be here and I'm not crazy enough to try the last.

m said...

Wow you are really getting into the Xterra stuff. We have an xterra tri here in may at Round Valley, but I think it is the weekend of a triathlon in MD that the Carlsons will be attending.