Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random Web Stuff

So the UberMaija cookies got some recognition on my flickr site.
The guy that commented (David Lam) is making a movie "Athlete".
Here is his blog. Here is his Flickr Site with some videos that you might find interesting.
I figured I'd post it up, I mean I work for a sound for film company so I should support NYC directors. The fact that it's got triathlon in the mix is a bonus :-)

It's interesting, between blogger, flickr and facebook, there is so much "random" surfing that goes on. Some good some bad I suppose. I'd like to think there is much more good than bad.
Speaking of bad stuff on the internet. I found this comical. The Africa Bank Scams.

Lastly, I installed a utility on my computer today. A backup utility, I've used an older version for years but I had to update. It's a "freeware" application. Well when I ran the new version I laughed out loud. When I started the backup, there was a window with a small progress bar at the top and then streaming advertisments in the rest of window. Brilliant! Some backups take hours!!
It's a great program so if the guy is making some extra money by doing this, good for him.

No comments: