Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Schedule Guesses

I thought today would be a good day to propose my 2009 race schedule. It is all rather hypothetical at this point, but here are some things I would like to tri:

4/25 Bassman (International)
7/5 Happy Valley Sprint Tri Nice low-cost accommodations available here.
8/1 Kinzua Country Tango (Whole thing as a Tango Team)
8/9 Spirit of Morgantown (Olympic)
8/23 Timberman (Half)

And if my fall academic schedule allows, which is getting more likely as my courses are almost done, I would like to try this one this year too:

9/19 Make-a-Wish Triathlon at Sea Colony

And if anybody is interested in extending the season with me, so I don't get lazy in the fall, we could do:

10/4 The Fall Bassman Half

I might be able to skip the Sea Colony Tri if anyone wants to do this one.

Still expecting to go to Africa for three weeks in May and June, and I'm not sure what kind of condition I will be in when I get back from there, so that's why there is a big whole in the schedule at that time. That trip may also deplete the bank account sufficiently that I may not want to travel extensively or pay all these dang race fees. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm not doing a "real" triathlon for three months in a row. And the spring Bassman may not be my best race ever, since I am currently fat and weak (it could easily be argued that this is nothing new). Can I be a Spartan in 4 months? I want to try that one because it will help put pressure on me early and the bike course is flat, which will be advantageous to me. I'll need all the help I can get at this point.

2 comments:

CSquared said...

Still no Half for me. More swim means bad ouchy for me. Maybe if my swimming improves 2010. I have softened on the idea.

m said...

You can be Spartan in 4 months!!! It will be a great motivator. If you set monthly, weekly, and daily goals it will help you get there in super Spartan shape!

I'm impressed with your long distance schedule.