Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl

Food, Food, & Food

For the last four years I have started to prepare food from the cities involved.  Menu last year was easy.  Clam Chowder (New England, Manhattan), Bagels (NY style), and Beans (Boston of course).

This year has been more difficult, but here is the menu:
  • Primanti Brother Sandwiches (if you haven't had one, your missing out, and no they won't let you put the cole slaw on the side, it goes on the sandwich, along with the fries.  I will be making them myself)
  • Pierogies, goes without saying
  • Vegtable Pizza, my sister-in-law claims Pittsburgh, but I am suspicious
  • Taco Salad - Southwestern style chicken, really we are getting lazy here.
  • Southwestern Corn Cheese Pepper Dip with Blue Tortilla chips
  • Iron City Beer, not for the taste, purely a 'Burgh thing
Once again last year was easy in comparison, Chicago style Pizza two years ago, awesome.

Honestly the best was the Philly Cheesesteaks with New England Clam Chowder.

Go Steelers!

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I think I'll have the 1979 Iron City Commemorative beer can sitting above the TV this weekend.


Your menu sounds good. We haven't nailed ours down yet. I don't think we've decided how bad we want to be.
The good news is my run was rescheduled for Sunday because of the weather. Maybe I'll run 13.1 and decide Buffalo Wings have to be on the menu. It's the closest Buffalo will be to superbowl for awhile I'm afraid.

If you happen to have "The Weather Channel". You might see my dad on there this weekend.
He went to Tampa yesterday for the "NFL Experience" and while he was there he was interviewed to discuss how the weather in Florida compares to the weather in Pittsburgh.

I know! Tough Question right? I'm sure he handled it okay tho. :-)