Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It Takes Two

Okay, here's the deal. My brother has committed to doing the whole Tango as a team with me. Therefore, I have done the same. I will consider this a warm-up for the Timberman Half. Sure the Tango is longer, but for some reason I am more trepidatious about the Half than the Tango. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with the Tango, the routes, the lake, and the accommodations. Maybe it's because I am used to being slow in that race. Maybe it's the more homegrown competition in the Tango. Whatever the case, I am not too worried about that. I am thinking the run in the Timberman is going to be a real slog, and I better lose as much weight as humanly possible before that. August is going to be a heck of a month.

Oh, and I crashed my car today. No one was hurt, but the car suffered some major underside damages. We had an ice storm last night and I paid the consequences. it was kind of like a Rally Car wreck. Hopefully this will all be covered by insurance, because this is my tri-vehicle!

3 comments:

GTO said...

Dang, Shawnie, sorry about the crash. Glad the Vashaws are all okay! I'm trying to think of some trophies 'Team Vash' could win in the Tango. "Fastest Brothers", "Largest Finishers", "Tango Team Most Capable of Crushing Anyone in Their Path".. Man, the two of you will clean up!

SJV said...

Update on the car sitch. Suzuki took about $3800 of damage to the underside. Also had to replace one running board and the front bumper cover, plus some plastic under there. Then we have the two control arms, the whole rear-end, two wheels, one of which actually broke, and various pans and covers on the bottom. Sounds like it will be okay when we're done. They are getting a used rear axle, to which I asked "Will it be in as good a shape as mine?" And he replied, "Better, it won't be bent!" Yeah, that's funny, except I'm serious. I don't want some rear end with 100,000 miles on it. They can't really say. It's like a liver transplant. You take what comes in and you're happy to have it.

SJV said...

Just thought I'd add here that the new rear-end is on its way, and it is from a newer, lower mileage vehicle than mine, so it looks like everything will be dandy. Assuming they are telling the truth. But I see no reason why they would lie to me. They have no vested interest in this. I guess I have no excuse for missing any tri's now. Dang.