Friday, January 2, 2009

Jan 1st was a recovery day

We had a really fun party New Year's Eve at Maija's. You can check out the pictures here.
Check out Genine on Maija's bike. It's a Tacx trainer. Which is hooked up to the computer and the roller varies resistance to simulate hills and wind. Of course now Genine wants one, she really misses riding the bike. I guess if you add up how much it would cost to get winter clothes for both of us to bike in, it might cost just as much as the tacx. Genine also liked the areo position, Areobars are definitely in her future, not so sure about the Tacx...
Maija got some loot from her sponsor Athlete3.com. Genine really likes their triathlon heiroglyphic, but she has a idea in mind so we might make a custom one soon.

Jan 2nd, We met Maija, Esther and Todd at the Y. We were a little late but got a good workout in. Esther challeged me to 10x100 on 1:45. I tried to hold really good form so that I might make it through. First one was 1:36. Good start. 2nd one 1:43 ugh... 3rd one 1:45 Now I'm taking :15 seconds rest. Esther on the other hand was knocking them down.
Eventually I bailed out on her and when she got to the 10th one. I was well rested and said that I would race her on it. (nice right?). Well I set a new personal best doing a 1:30 or 1:31 and I finished just ahead of Esther. Of course she had just done 1000m with very little rest. I'll pretend that it was her 1st 100m though :-)

Genine then led Esther and I through some abs/strength training. Ugh! Genine definitely rocks the abs. I just keep trying to look respectable.

Glad to See everyone's thoughts regarding race schedules. I'll try to dial mine in a bit more this weekend. Depending on what we end up doing for the Tango, maybe Morgantown is a possibility. I also was interested in the Penn State Tri. Maybe we could get Jim down for that one too?

Happy New Year Everyone!

4 comments:

esther said...

happy new year! great way to start 2009- kick esther's butt on the last 100. G's workout kicked my butt too. awesome!!

m said...

He skipped the last 2 or 3 100's so that he could rest up to beat you Esther. You both did a good job. I have to get faster SOON!

catmarlson said...

Honestly, I didn't think I'd beat her. I knew she'd go all out tho'. Esther rocked the 10x100!!

Maybe SB means sandbagger?? :-)

SJV said...

That Tacx trainer looks pretty dang awesome. It's about time they made a video game out of training. I've been advocating that for a long time.