Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rockin' out to Genine's iPod

So now that I’ve started putting in 3 or 4 rides a week on the bike trainer, I’ve decided that I’d borrow Genine’s iPod Shuffle while riding.
The shuffle is very convenient you can just clip it to a cable on the bike. No need to build a playlist, she only loaded “workout” songs. So I don’t have to bother finding the skip button very often. (The songs from Grease are skipped before anyone starts singing, that stuff just doesn’t work for me.) Everything else I seemed to be okay with, until....
I biked for an hour before work today, so I probably hear 13-17 songs during that hour. What song sticks in my head??? Yup, Britney Spears Toxic... I understand that the music is designed to be catchy like this, but I'm not liking the idea of being 40-50 miles into my Timberman bike, my brain is looking for some inspiration and all the sudden there's Britney!! Seriously, if Chaz reads this he's going to smack me the next time he sees me. I mean his IronMan race report... I think he said something like "Shed a tear at the line up when AC/DC For Those About To Rock starts to play". You see what I'm saying right?
Right, tonight I'll be ripping the Metallica Album to my iPod and putting together some playlists.

4 comments:

esther said...

G should make a mix for you- Britney, Christina Aguilera.. Hannah Montana?!

CSquared said...

Is Chaz the only one allowed to smack you? Come on dude! I am not sure why the whole selection wouldn't be all AC/DC songs. They never do a ballad, just a hard rhythm and lots of guitar.

m said...

How about some Spice girls and Pussy cat dolls too?

CSquared said...

Three or four girl type bands have been mentioned in this post. The only song I could name by name is Toxic, because Matt mentioned it in his post. It is amazing to me how much I am still stuck in 1988. Of course my kids music taste is the 50's & 60's. because this is the only thing I can play that doesn't take much explanation. Oh, Italian Restaurant music is a favorite at my house, Angelina / Zooma,Zooma by Louis Primas, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIJzpdJIdmI