Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend Update

Genine and I went up to the Poconos to be the "staff" photographers for our friends racing at the Black Bear Triathlon this weekend. Pictures will be posted later tonight.
We got there Saturday morning and I got some wetsuit swimming in with everyone else. Water temp was cold but with the wetsuit, not an issue at all.
Later Saturday, Genine and I rode our bikes for about an hour.

Early Wakeup Sunday, there is a lineup of vehicles trying to enter the park. We were there plenty early but if I were racing, I would probably make a note to be earlier for next year.

I believe we took over 450 pictures, oddly enough 225 of them were people we knew. The other half were test shots of people we don't know. I'll probably post those up to the flickr site as well, if people happen to find the site, they might find one of them.

I also was able to get another swim in at the lake. This was during the half marathon portion of the Half Iron. We had some time so Esther and I put in some laps at the beach.

Back to the end of the course for pictures at the end of the race.
Genine was upset about missed opportunities for pictures. I feel like we learned a bunch about the camera and also how we could work an event like this with more success in the future. It was a good weekend.

The drive home was interesting. A motorcycle crashed almost directly in front of Esther and Armando, the motorcyclist was going to pass the next car ahead on the right. But then that car was also moving to that same lane. So the guy is on the road and tumbling at 50-70 miles an hour. My stomach turned because I figured he was done, his helmet even flew off. We pulled off to the side of the road just behind him and unbelievably, he's up and dragging his bike off the road. I found his helmet 5 or so feet up a hill on the side of the road. Pretty good scar on the one side of the helmet. He was very upset, he kept saying I just bought this bike! That and, that guy cut me off! I just told him to relax and make sure he gets himself checked at a hospital. He's gotta be hurting worse than the guys that finished the half iron. Once his adrenaline wears off he had to be bummin.
About an hour later, we see on the other side of the interstate, an enclosed trailer completely in flames. Probably mowers and gasoline in the back, something like that. Other than that it was a very easy drive home. ha ha.

I went to masters swimming this AM and had one of the better technique days I've had in awhile. Chaz still had me beat the whole hour but I left the swim pleased to be holding better form. Not to mention, my leg was being co-operative. I'll test the run again tonight.

I'm tapered, not in my best form of the year, all I'm looking for this week is some confidence and comfortable running. Then bring on the Moose!

1 comment:

m said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. It was fun having you guys up there. I think Genine is catching the tri bug!