Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Looks like we spent some Money

I checked the registration for the Spirit of Morgantown. MC, SJV, and CC all signed up. I am not competing with any of you. MC - Age Grouper, SJV - XL3 and CC- Xl2.

I also saw that my neighbor Joel Smith is signed up.

I typed in Warren, PA into the search for athletes and a Patricia Gabreski showed up. Anyone know her. Near 50 yrs old.

No other State College or Somerville residents. I am the only one from Fairview because the neighbor is in Core, WV even though we are only across the street two doors down. US Postal Service ends at my mail box from Fairview.

I am getting tingly all over again, either excitement or flashbacks from Newfoundland Freezer box.

Last year they had about 180 Oly, and over 300 Half. So, the race is not as big as the Moose, even one day, but I think you will find it nice. A lot different setting. Should be a ton of people cheering on the course for the run.

Final note, Matt you are now 16:03 on the + side of me as a Rival. AthLinks told me this. So you crushed your 5 minute goal. I will do my best to hold the margin, but I sense it will increase.

5 comments:

catmarlson said...

You guys are both feeling good about improving your times from Mooseman. I on the other hand, am not yet feeling it.
I'm going to stick with my workout/sleep/eating plan and hope it all falls together again for race day.
I'm learning a lot this year about what all it takes to do these events.
The next key is to do something to fix the problems.

All that being said, I have dreams of improving that avg speed on the bike in Morgantown.

Jim said...

Patty Gabreski is a great person and athlete. She is married to Dr. Robert Gabreski in warren. She completed Lake Placid Ironman 2 summers ago I think.

She will be fast I would guess and tough to beat!!!

catmarlson said...

I think I should have listed my plan as Sleep/Eat/Workout as that is the order of priority.
After my Wed night swim class I had a tough time falling asleep so I passed on the 5AM wakeup to make the 6AM swim the next morning.
I do plan on running tonight unless it is really storming. If I get another 3 miles in I'll finally have run more than 10 miles in a week, first time since May 3rd!

CSquared said...

I don't know if overall time may improve for me, but I am looking to improve some rates per km. This hopefully improves my overall time but with a longer run and swim, but shorter bike I am not sure where I will end up.

Plus it may be warm. I don't want cold water, but I also don't want hot road temps. I know, I am a huge cry baby.

SJV said...

Yes, I am hoping and expecting to improve my time. I went swimming again tonight and did about a mile and a half. Timed myself for 1000 meters with 10 100 meter laps timed, and that went well. Pretty steady. Didn't want to keep hitting the watch after that, so I just swam. I think the pace I have found is good. I'm not going to make any predictions but I should improve my pace in all three disciplines. As Craig mentioned, I don't know if the total time will be much different, since the swim and run will be longer, but we should save 10 minutes in the bike if we go similar speeds to last time, and I have to add 5 minutes in the run, unless I chop a minute off my pace, which could be doable. Since my swim was so slow last time, I might actually not add too many minutes there, so my total time looks like it might hold. But heck, what good are goals if they don't push you? So I am not only going for higher paces, but a faster total race time too.