Monday, June 23, 2008

Maiden Voyage

After waiting all day yesterday and running out of daylight to ride, Matt & I loaded up our bikes after work today to go for a quick ride. I was so anxious to try out my new wheels! We did our familiar 12 mile loop starting from the Y in Bridgewater. It was so much fun to ride! I felt like all of my effort was actually propelling me forward (and so quickly & smoothly) vs. my hybrid where I felt like I was pedaling my legs off trying to keep up with Matt. Getting accustomed to the new shifters should come easily with a bit more practice... again they move so easily vs. my old bike. The ride was very comfortable, although my hands will have to get "broken in" to the new positions on the handlebars, but nothing crazy. I'm not sure what any of my speeds were since we have not moved my bike computer to the new bike yet, but I felt like I was going fast! We'll see once all the devices are attached. I can't wait to go out riding again after work this week. It's like having a new toy!

Since we were parked at the Y, Matt wanted to go swimming after riding. I don't know what possessed me, but I agreed to go with him. We were only there for about 30mins. I have to say I didn't hate it, but I'm not quite ready for the pressure of classes yet. I may start going with Matt in the evenings to open swim once or twice a week....maybe. (No promises, Esther.)

1 comment:

m said...

Yay for your first ride on your new bike and swimming at the pool!