Thursday, June 5, 2008

Is Craig making fun of me?

Here I am, reading our blog, and I see Craig exclaim that I need well-wishes.

I have one bad day, and you are all worried that I am not going to make it?

Think again, my friend. In fact, you better be prepared to chase me down in the run, because I am going to leave you so far in the dust on the bike that you will have to run 8-minute miles the whole way to catch up!

I may be done swimming before you get your bike put back together. Make sure that gooseneck is on tight.

Okay, I'm kidding, but I think I'll be fine. I have remedied all my ills, and experimented with everything I could (except anti-fog spray...still need to try something there.) However, I should say I am only partially kidding. I AM going to kick your butt on the bike. But I fully expect you to pass me in the run. And...I might not kick your butt on the bike. But I'm going to try. I am throwing down the guantlet. You better beat me. You are much younger and lighter than me, so you have no excuses!

I swam and ran today, and everything went wonderfully, so don't worry about me. I will finish. I weighed in at the official Y scale at 249 today, so I am truly under my goal, which has sped me up in the run. I may surprise everyone. Most of all, myself.

No comments: