Friday, June 27, 2008

Humidity :(

It is getting humid. I ran last night. Mostly easy run, but I was sweating. Looks like today is going to be humid again. T-storms all weekend. Hopefully not Sunday Morn. Looks like 80's by the time the race is finished. A little rain on the run would be nice, but I am not hoping for any because I don't want any on the bike.

I am getting PUMPED! Joel next door is doing the Olympic. He just wants to finish he told me. He is a decent swimmer. He runs a lot but he has an injury so he is going to keep that at 10min/mile. He hopes for under 3:30, I think he has that. Swimming in the river has got me excited. It went well and I am excited because I think the water temp is perfect for the position impaired that need the wetsuit.

Can't wait to see Ya' all. After the tri, we can get in a game of Bocce at our picnic. I will put the set in the car.

Girl at Levi's baseball tournament who works for the main sponsor told me 700 signed up between the two levels of races. This is the most they have had. So, it might be a little tighter than I have seen it in the past. Not sure of the breakdown.

The good news is there will be plenty of people to pass because you are on the course with the Half Iron who started before you.

6 comments:

catmarlson said...

As long as I don't follow the Half Iron bikers into that one extra bit of mileage, Looks like I should have plenty of help finding my way through the bike course.
I'm very interested to drive the course. I doubt I'll be able to plan my strategy as well as I did at Mooseman but I'm going to try.

BTW: I see 8 XL3 clydes. 5 of them are age group 40+.
Yup, Shawn's group may be 3 deep in the up to 39 age group.

Looks like Craig has 9 in his division, so far.

Here is the link
http://tinyurl.com/4u3y6g

SJV said...

Ahh, yeah! I got the bronze wrapped up, ladies and gentlemen! Podium time in my first year!

catmarlson said...

Make sure you thank the Little people. As we are all little people in comparison ;-)

CSquared said...

I did not get to ride the course, even though I have ridden parts of it many times. I drove the half I didn't know as well. Nothing too crazy. Steady ups and steady downs. Road conditions looked good, maybe a little too sunny at points, but no nasty potholes.

The run has a hill and another whoop de do that may not feel well on your legs. I drove some of the actual streets and thought ouch, but I can't say it is worse than the Moose.

You will see.

Shawn the under 39 from last year at the XL3 level was 3:12 winner. He was the guy I swam with the other day. I am not sure if he is still a XL3. He would be close. He is shorter than me, but looked a little plumper.

Looking at the other dudes, Silver might be a possible goal, especially if you have bronze locked up.

The site shows only 514. My information seems a little suspect now. Maybe they get a bunch at the last minute, so they think they will hit 700. I saw most of the people I think I know will be in it.

Almost forgot to tell Matt, Vinnie M. is in your age group in the Olympic. He usually does the half, but he needs to qualify for something. Good luck!

catmarlson said...

"Vinnie M. is in your age group in the Olympic."

I guess I need to find him and try to draft him for the swim. I'd be curious to try, although I haven't been drafting anyone in the pool lately. I have no clue at what point the person is too fast for me for this to be realistic.

All I know is I'll only see him at the start line and then later on the podium. Unless he runs part of the course backwards as a warm down, once he's finished. :-)

SJV said...

What the heck, I'm shooting for gold. I know how to swim now, so 3:12 should be doable. I'll draft off of Matt and Vinnie.