Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Looking to Spend Money again!

A little Birthday Money already. Looking at three things or groups of things.

Wet Suit - I am somewhat kind of convinced I should buy a two piece suit and it appears DeSoto would be the choice. A couple links to mull over:

DeSoto Site
Article Defending My Choice - Maybe
DeSoto You Tube Video

HR Monitor: Reading my HR off a watch and counting is fine when it is 120 or 140 when it exceeds 160, I have trouble seeing straight. So, something else reading it would be great.

Tri Clothing: Good pair of Tri Shorts and a Singlet. I wanted White everything to reduce my Heat retention issue as a big guy, but the white shorts sounds a little too immodest, plus I can't find them. So, I think Royal Blue shorts with a mostly white top. Links below:

Titan Shorts
Singlet

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I also think the DeSoto looks to be the best option. Of course this is without having tried any of them on.
I like the idea that I could use only the bottom half in a warmer race, to get some of the buoyancy.
The other option being adding a sleeveless. I like having options.

As for the shorts and tri top.
I got my zoot shorts on sale last summer. Other than the drawstring I like them.
I just bought a tri top in florida. Again it was on sale as it was last year's inventory. It was nice to be able to try it on before buying. I don't know the brand. I'll post a picture up. Not flattering but whatever.