Thursday, March 13, 2008

Aero Bars

One of the guys at class sold me his old areo bars for $20. I couldn't pass that up. I'll be interested to see if I can get comfortable in aero position. Maybe it will help keep me focused to lose another 10 pounds. I've also been warned that it takes quite a bit of time to feel confident with them on the road. I'm in no hurry, this does satisfy a curiosity of mine rather cheaply.

As for swim class last night, I was absolutely crushed.
I think I was really working my legs to try and help me get good rotation but about an hour in I started to cramp up terribly. The last 30 minutes I did a bunch of standing on the deck. Part of this is bad nutrition for the day. I don't have my routine back in place yet, so I don't have my typical foods prepared. I need to be back on schedule this weekend.
Last night was so bad, I figured I wasn't going to be much better 8 hours later so I skipped the AM class today. I'm back in the pool Friday night with the group but no coach.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I have aeros on my bike but can never stay down long. It really seems to hurt the neck. The only way ( it seems) to not hurt the neck is by not seeing where I am going. Neither option seems very good. I'm hoping to get a complete bike fitting done soon, maybe that will help.

catmarlson said...

I don't think I would have bought aerobars at all if it wasn't for this deal. I think I have enough to be concerned with regarding my biking abilities.
I also am very interested in being fit to my bike. I think Ken Mierke is in DC and it costs $150. Someone like that would remove any doubts I might have regarding their decisions.
For now, I'll be happy with joining a group ride and see what others think of my riding position and go from there.