Sunday, January 21, 2007

What I've learned so far.....

UnderArmor/compression shorts are a necessity. Didn't take many runs to find that out the hard way. Same goes for running shoes.

I think that wearing a headband made me be able to run longer. I'm serious, I think that psychologically, having sweat run into my eyes and dripping off my chin, made me feel like it was too much. Now I'm considering some sort of armbands as well.

During a run, when I start losing interest and want to quit. I change my thoughts to the Run along Newfound lake. It would be the final leg of the tri. Everyone else has already finished so they will be there at the finish line cheering me on. I just have to get there.

If only I could modify that cheering me on thing to apply to my eating habits... tough to visualize that.

Keep up the good work everyone!

2 comments:

SJV said...

Craig's got a great story when it comes to shorts. It may not be best for a public forum. Any thoughts Craig?

McA said...

Matt, I posted a comment on your decaf issue before reading this, but to follow along the same thought line; As I've changed my diet to accomplish my goals I've allowed for special occasions and making something I really enjoy very worthwhile (like coffee). With a little effort you can still get the things you want, such as ice cream. When I started the diet it was tough to give up, but I did until the weight came off. In the summer, to me, there is no better treat that vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries. I stopped eating it completely. Now, with some modification, I'm eating it again. Reduced fat ice cream that still tastes good in a coffee cup with stawberries. Smaller portions but I still get the treat. And now with all this new excercise I get to eat more!