Friday, January 19, 2007

Great White North

Greetings All! It's Jason. Hey, isn't all this exercise fun? The only thing that I'm undecided about is when to take the painkillers; before or after the exercise.

So, we're really going to do this. After my initial conversation with Matt I wondered what I had gotten myself into. Even after reading about the Mooseman I wasn't certain I'd be ready. Now it doesn't seem that formidable a task. I'm enjoying all the exercise and being able to eat more food. This caught me at a good time after losing weight last year and now I have another goal. The only issue I know I'm going to have is making the workouts fit around my work schedule. As you read the spreadsheet you'll notice how it will jump around. There is a lot of mandatory overtime and it makes getting enough rest a bit difficult. Fortunately, my workplace has a gym with the things that I need and we've got a treadmill at home. I'm going to set up a trainer for my bike at the house until the weather changes and I'm able to ride outside. Then I just have to decide when and where to do the swimming. My bathtub isn't big enough.

I like the spreadsheet. Seeing what others are doing is great motivation. The additional posts about training and the obstacles we're all overcoming is oddly comforting to me. And some is just humorous. Like fighting with your equipment and eating pistachios.

I hope to make some strides towards equipment this weekend and try out a new running plan. It's supposed to enable a person to run a 5K in under 25 min. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: