Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Caffeine Free

I am now free of the dastardly drug. I'm not saying it will last, but I am clean for the moment.

Today, I ran outside down a hill because I was a little late to pick up the kid. I would say I was running in the "fast" zone (for me). So this hill was maybe a quarter mile long, and all downhill, which was nice, but as it turned out, I was basically wasted by the time I got to the bottom. I couldn't run any more. I still had a mile more to go. Not only that, but my shins now hurt in a way that they haven't since I started this training (I guess downhills will do that).

It was kind of discouraging, but of course I have barely started training, so I wouldn't expect to be fast for long distances. I just don't want to get winded that quickly. Ah well...I still have 502 days 'til the Moose. Maybe when things pick up, I'll try some kind of wind sprints or something. I would like to boost my ability to process oxygen.

No comments: