Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Looking up.

Craig, the new spreadsheet format looks great. Nice to see what you're doing. I'll have to see if that Cumberland sprint tri fits in my schedule. I would love to do it. Do they have any prizes for the heaviest finisher?
I'm already feeling more fit. Just a couple of weeks of exercise, and things start to happen. My pants get looser, my belt is too big all of a sudden. (This drives my wife crazy, how quickly I can lose weight. I tell her it's because I'm fat.) Of course I'm eating better too. Lots of pistachios. Hopefully, by the end of the semester, if things haven't gotten too stressful, which is a distinct possibility, I will be under 250. I know, this may not seem like a major accomplishment for a tri-athlete, but remember, I am large. 250 for me is pretty good. When I weigh 250, I do not appear to be overweight. Just want to be clear on that. Stop laughing!

Anyway, that's my goal. I signed up for the campus fitness pass, so I have access to all the pools and weight rooms and everything else, so I should be able to actually train all three events in a row at some point. I think I'll just be doing weights, bike and run at the moment though. Swimming will be separate and less frequent. I'll work up to that after I feel reasonably aerobically fit.

4 comments:

catmarlson said...

I'm not sure everyone is aware of the Pistachio study. Might be a good forum to share the results.

CSquared said...

I know nothing about Pistachios, but I do know about "The Fast Track Detox Diet:" Book from Ann Louise Gittleman. It has what is called a one day fat burn. You essentially eat a certain way for 7 days, then one day you fast from food but you drink water and this special cranberry juice drink. That day you loose 3 to 7 pounds. I lost between 4 and 5 lbs. You have to eat a certain way 3 days after the diet. I plan to do this in the next month to get my self jump started into more intense training.

catmarlson said...

Man I'm hoping not to have to do a Detox Diet.
On the days leading into the fast are you eating enough that you can continue to workout?

Anyhow, here is another weight loss hint. If you feel that you eat too much when at the table. You can trigger your "Satisfied feeling" by eating some healthy fats 20 minutes before the meal. (basically a handful of nuts will do the trick).

McA said...

Almonds. Much better for you. A handful as a snack, maybe twice a day.