Monday, January 22, 2007

Two Books and a Decaf Coffee

As you all know I spend a good part of every day on a train. Well there is no fitness car but I do have time to read. I had a gift card from X-mas so I picked up 2 books today.

Your First Triathlon by Joe Friel and
Total Heart Rate Training by Joe Friel

Surfing the Discussion boards online this guy seems well respected. I'll let you know what I think as I go along. Although I'm not sure any advice I pass along will match the Quality of Craig's "Shorts Message".

On another subject, Shawn mentioned to me that he was going to eliminate caffeine from his diet. I only have one coffee in the AM but I'm thinking I need to go decaf as well. I'm sure it will reduce the number of heart palpitations I have. It seems as if it might lower my resting heart rate over time as well.

3 comments:

McA said...

I have passed or cut back on so many things since last year that caffeine is one of the few things I refuse to eliminate completely. It is my drug of choice. I've cut back on the amount I consume, mostly to eliminate the sugar and cream (two items that were invented just for coffee) and am substituting tea, mostly green because it's what is in the house. Coffee is, at most, two cups per day, frequently just one. It's a pleasant little treat I allow myself and I've found by making something that you enjoy a reward, you work harder to get to it and it's more satisfying.

Ethanol said...

Yeah. Knock off the caffeine! It makes my heart 'jumpy' too. I haven't had any since before Christmas and I'm feelin OK.

CSquared said...

I have never been a coffee fiend, but good ole fashioned Coke or my favorite Dr. Pepper has been bad on me. The caffine as well as the sugar. It definately is a tired combined with stress thing. The thing is we rarely have soda in the house, but unluckily all gas stations sell it. I do better than worse but it is funny how you catch yourself after you stopped everyday for a week to buy one. I try to drink the herbal tea (usually uncaffeinated) which seems to help. Need to make the tea easier to access.