Wednesday, January 10, 2007

20 years!

I actually chose the first part of the name of this blog in honor of this fact.
(I thought for sure someone would take offense to being called old.)
Although I truly meant it to be complementary as well.

The second half of the title has a bit of duality as well. Of course deciding to train for a Triathlon is quite exemplary undertaking. Though there is more to it than that. I intended to make this into a Leukemia Fundraiser possibly through "Team in Training". That is what will make this campaign all the more exemplary. I'm hoping others might consider doing so as well.

I spoke to Craig today, and we talked about the "Team in Training" which is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society fundraising group for events such as this triathlon.
(The link is on the sidebar.)
I really don't have all the details of it figured out yet but here is what I've gathered so far.

I spoke to my regional office of "Team in Training" last week. I had thought that it would be similar to many other types of fundraisers I've donated to. Where people simply donate money to your cause. There is more to it than that. Rather than try to explain it all I'm going to create an additional post and let you read it yourself.

I haven't decided that I will sign up for this yet. Here is why:
1) I'm not sure if their training schedule will fit my schedule at all.

2) As you can see it is quite a bit of money they expect you to raise, if Genine and I both sign up, double that.

3) This is the big one. Nathan's Dr. at the children's hospital was fantastic. We could possibly fund Dr Guinan's research directly. Here is why I have to do some homework before deciding.
I'm sure if we do Team in Training. Bloomingdale's will match whatever donation Genine makes to the L&L Society. I have to find out if this would be the case if we funded Dr. Guinan directly.
If we decide to fund Dr. Guinan directly and do our own fundraiser. I figured I would build a website which would tell people what is is we are all trying to do, and also how to donate money to the cause.

I welcome any feedback regarding this and will answer any questions I can. I just wanted to put my ideas regarding the fundraiser out there so everyone knows what I'm thinking.

No comments: