Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I'm in.

Hi, everyone. Shawn here. This is just my post to say I'm onboard.
I got on the treadmill for the last two days, so Ironman can't be far away.
I tried to get Craig to do a triathlon for about 10 years, then he went and did one without me, so I vowed that this is the year I participate in my first one, hopefully working up to the more serious Mooseman '08 International distance.
Craig, we should discuss one we can do together in '07.
I am starting a new category in Triathlons. You know the Clydesdales? Those guys got nothing on me. They're tiny. Shrimps. I'm an overweight, pregnant Clydesdale. So this should be quite an endeavor.
I'm looking forward to motivating each other.

3 comments:

Casey said...

Me too! Although it will be a little while before I can start preparing for it. I had a little mountain bike "incident" back in July that I am still trying to recover from. The broken right elbow is all better, but the torn left glenoid labrum, aka SLAP tear (where the biceps tendon attaches to the shoulder) is going to require surgery. Hopefully that will be taking place in the next few weeks. (It was one of those down hill, over the handlebars, get all tangled up with the bike kind of wrecks.)

The good news is there is plenty of time to make a full recovery and still be ready to participate in the Mooseman.

catmarlson said...

So Casey, when they talk to you about your surgery, maybe you can just ask them to install the entire "sports package". New rims...Ground effects..

CSquared said...

Shawn, definately check out the site on trifind and see what is close to state college, or between us. I would say you qualify for the Clydesdale. Some races even categorize there Clydesdales as L, XL, or XXL based on weight. Since you already mentioned it, I would say XXL is the Pregnant overweight category