Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Vibram Five Fingers



Yup. There they are. I figure I had nothing to lose trying them. I wasn't planning on running much, if at all until next Sunday but I have no discipline when it comes to taking breaks. We met up with our friend Amy in Frenchtown this morning. I figured Genine and Amy would do their thing and I'd do mine. Well that's not what happened.
I started off running with them wearing the new Vibrams. We ran a mile north and then a mile back to the car. Probably twice as far as I should have run with the new shoes. Perhaps not surprisingly my left calf (bad foot side) was much more stiff than my right.
I swapped to my normal running shoes, stretched and off we went. We got in 6 miles running and 8 miles all together adding in the walking. We were on the canal path along the Delaware river. It was super flat. Amy's dogs were with her which added to the fun. They are super well trained.
My lungs and sinuses are still a wreck. I've got an appointment tomorrow morning. I'd imagine I'll get an antibiotic so I can kick this thing. The Muscinex and Sudafed are making it possible for me to function but I still feel lousy. That being said, I still think we are going to go biking this afternoon tho'. The weather is just too nice.

3 comments:

m said...

Those are some weird looking shoes. They are shoes, right?

catmarlson said...

Those are shoes. Experimental.
I feel like I'm treading on Shawn's territory with this one.

Mjay said...

My brother Todd and niece Linda bought those shoes last year. They love them. I find them quite strange and suspected they would fee like those socks from the 70s (ya know the ones with the stripes and glove like construction). They claim they are in fact comfortable to wear. Todd wears them kayaking etc. Linda - she probably wears them wherever/whenever...she's cool like that!