Friday, March 12, 2010

making a morning swim

This morning I discovered the best 5am alarm clock....a 4yr old who went to sleep at 7:00pm the night prior. I also discovered that the same 4yr old can be a deterrent from getting out of the house on time to make a 6am swim! I mean really...who wants to get out of the cuddly blanket cocoon on the couch, eating bananas and watching Super Why at 5:40am? But I did get out the door in time to make it to the pool to meet Shaun for a swim this morning. Got in 2500m focusing on my pull and did some of the sets with paddles. Since my mom and Ian are visiting this weekend while Kryste is in Philly for a work conference, I took yesterday and today off from work. It's so nice to have the opportunity to get an early swim in since I normally have to be at work at 7am.

I'm sure I will have more exciting news to report over the course of the weekend, but so far I can tell you that the treadmill is excellent for walking, jumping and swinging...a full body workout! But only if you are 3 and a half feet tall and weigh 45lbs.

No comments: