Sunday, March 21, 2010

Round Valley Bike Ride

I know I've said this before. The bike ride around round valley is a great training ride for the Mooseman. The loop isn't even 16 miles but I figure twice around would be a good approximation. Maybe reverse direction for the 2nd loop.

We went around it at an easy pace today. While we were out there, I couldn't help thinking about how I really don't know to attack that course in a race. (Yes I've raced it twice, the last time I definitely felt I could have done better). I need to go over there and just repeat certain sections over and over, trying different things perhaps. Here's hoping the weather works out for plenty of weekend training rides before Mooseman.

I also have decided I'm going to have to adjust my right shoe cleat. I've been complaining about it since day one. The bike fitter definitely helped me out but for some reason, it's still really wrong. It feels like the focus of my power is not under the ball of my foot but on the outside of the foot, and I feel like I'm wanting to roll my foot out that direction. Probably because my foot wants to get that pressure point under the right spot. It's frustrating. Mostly because the left foot seems to be spot on, so what is the problem? It seems to be matched up.

The other bothersome thing is my right hip / low back. If I'm pushing hard, I still get very tight in those areas. I was hoping the bike fit would help that. That doesn't seem to be the case. Of course then I wonder if it's because of the shoe/cleat thing... yeah, I can over think this stuff. It's hard not to when it's the most uncomfortable part of the entire race!!
Oh, I also have to adjust the tilt of my saddle. Hopefully it will reduce some of the chaffing that has cropped up the last couple days.

All that above sounds like it was a miserable weekend of biking. It wasn't. It was awesome. I wish we could have warm weather with low humidity all the time. All that other nonsense above will get fixed one way or another.

No comments: