Friday, February 8, 2008

Looking back and comparing

Here is my post just over a year ago. Where I finally ran 5K at a 10 min/mile pace.
Last night after my first 1.5 mile lap, I decided to push the 2nd lap to see where I was a year later.

1st lap on 8:54 min/mile, 2nd lap I pushed above race pace, 7:43 min/mile. Finished 3.08 miles in 25:30. I'd imagine being 15-20 pounds lighter is playing a part, I think I have 10 more to lose.

I'm kind of bummed I didn't keep better records on the swimming early on. At the moment I feel I should be able to swim 2 minute 100's for a mile if I'm well rested just for the sake of comparing a year ago.

The bike is still the big question mark. I'm figuring for the Mooseman I'll have to be very conscious of my HR and try not to go out too hard. Otherwise all this run training isn't going to matter. I'm sure I'll be well under the 19mph I was close to at the sprints this past year.

Just wanted to get this info down in a journal. It's been interesting to look back on the old posts to see how things change. Our original Tango posts were all about "just going to have fun". Then as it got close it became "I plan on leaving it all out there". Ha ha!
Good Times! It's going to be a fun summer.

No comments: