Friday, February 29, 2008

Give Mine Another Month

I am not counting calories as intently as Matt, but I have gone to one plate of food at Dinner. I also don't buy food from the local restaurants. And my biggest vice especially when I am tired is Soda Pop and a Little Debbie Snack Cake or three. I am only having a soda on Sunday's and have gone to the caffeine free kind. I have cut out the snack cakes (I know that is awful for a guy who eats so well otherwise). I looked around the store and found if I want something sweet, one serving of plain animal crackers (which with kids in the house we usually have) or two small peppermint patties. Both items relatively low in fat and mostly 80% unsaturated. My alcohol content has been five glasses of wine and a beer since January 1. In a two month period last year those numbers were turned around which is also helping on the calorie end.

I have also gone to making sure my breakfast is a protein (yogurt, nuts, cottage cheese) and fruit. My lunch is under 400 calories. And as mentioned one plate, not heaping, things nicely separated for dinner.

So my plan was genius, cut out the amount of junk and eat less total, who would think that would work. I weighed myself at my in-laws on Wednesday (we don't have a scale at my house) and I was under 220, it is a needle so it looked 218 ish. This would be 7 lbs since my Feb 7 weigh in. My activity level has increased considerably this week. I will be interested to see my weight at the official weigh in on March 7. I know I said I was going to wait to announce how things were going, but everyone else is talking, a New Year's resolution of mine was to be more sheep like, so I am just following the lead.

I don't have any races planned until April, so I think 10 more lbs would be awesome, hopefully that can be accomplished by April 1. I, too, shall re-think at that point. Oh, by the way most days when I do the mental math on the calories I have been under 2,500 so I assume I missed something worth a 100 to 200 calories, so I would say 2,400 to 2,800 a day for me currently. The mental math three weeks ago told me I was pounding a good 3,200 or better most days. I likes to eat :)

Why has this turned into Matt, Shawn & Craig love fest. Where are you people? We need team members, supporters, chiming in. You Supporters, we know your not doing it, you know your not doing it, let's here from you. You team members, what have you got going on? I don't know most of you so this is your chance to let me in, so when we are in New Hampshire it is like we are life time friends getting together for a big reunion. What are you working on? Scotty I haven't got to barb you in weeks, months ... What's happening? How is Dad life going? Do you ever get to blow up anything cool in the lab (I have some ideas for you)? Eric, I know I have set myself up for humorous comments from you? I know you are dieing to make fun of me? I can feel it. Get involved, this is about life, not just swimming, biking & running.

Are you inspired? Come ON!

No comments: