Monday, February 25, 2008

Stuff

Had a good run Saturday, a little problem doing steps about 5 hours after run, but I got better by Sunday morning. Definitely a muscle thing, no joint pain and walking on flat was fine. I need to run more during the week, but just trying to keep some mileage up on the weekends. Could not get time Sunday to run or do anything (I really wanted to do). Was out late Saturday, took Tamara & kids to a play, "Wiley & the Hairy Man". Very good, at Fairmont State University. Then church, we had to get there early to teach a class on parenting (that could be a shock to some people, based on my younger days responsibility level). Then Tamara had a choral concert after lunch on Sunday at WVU. A two hour event, three hours with getting there early for rehearsal. No offense to Genine, but one of the pieces was a viola & organ duet with a choir humming and chanting in the background. It was a good 25 minutes long, I appreciate an artist as much as anyone, but after about 10 minutes I had my fill. It was all love songs, luckily some were humorous jazz ensembles about love. I think I heard at least 5 different languages not including the chanting/humming. They always have a piece in Latin, plus French, Italian, German and English.

Then we stopped at Panera bread for Dinner, I got a chicken salad, dressing on the side with an Apple. Gorgonzola cheese was the only thing with lots of fat. Only ate half the salad (rest is lunch today) and the apple. Weight loss is going good now, I will save the results for March weigh-in. I don't want to predict something I can't back up in case I fall off the wagon or there is some official scale discrepancy.

Running during the week has been an issue, but I have come up with a solution. I have stated before I hate my treadmill, also it is in the basement, which is not a pretty place to be. So, Tamara called me into the room last week while she was watching TV. She had stopped on HSN (we only get 12 channels, by choice, on our cable, so sometimes it is tough to find something to watch). She said what do you think. I said if you use it too and we can do it in the living room then let's go for it. We bought the:

Brenda DyGraf's AirClimber Stepper with BodyCord and Workout DVDs

I saw Brenda on the TV, it was probably worth the price just for the DVD's (this was a very male oriented statement and I was just kidding, kinda). I am excited to have an aerobic exercise that I can do without the spiders and out of a dimly lit area.

Bike is not all the way together yet. I am not sure why because I am excited to have it, but he dissembled it quite a bit to get it to me. Should have done this week, unless this week turns out like last week. I am still looking to take my Presidents day holiday or at least 4 hours of it. The first 4 hours was spent in a lawyers office finalizing my will, which by the way is a smart thing to do if you haven't done it yet. My understanding is that without one probate can be a hassle. I didn't make any living will decisions. If I can still blink maybe I can be useful to society, of course you could argue or some could, I am not too useful currently, so maybe that is not something I want to define now.

2 comments:

CSquared said...

The Brenda DyGraf's AirClimber Stepper came last night, so I broke it out and did 20 minutes. The kids also did about 20 minutes each. A lot of new muscle groups were used last night and all I did was the 20 minute EASY Step program.

Abs hurt, & my left thigh went into twitches last night about 2 am. So far a big success!

There is a 30 minute high intensity aerobic workout, a 20 minute super abs workout, and a burn & firm workout, 20 mins.

I also had it on the easy setting. The DVD was interesting because I watched about every routine and the 30 min. one you could see the paid participants struggle. They were sweating and one guy didn't look like he was really enjoying an arm lift exercise and these people looked to be in excellent shape, Brenda had no problems.

The girls in the video all had very cut bodies, but the guy in the AB section, which is the only time he took his shirt off was incredible. I don't know if I have ever seen such defined abs. It was actually unnatural looking. It looked almost like he was wearing a Hans & Franz body suit.

I now have a dream of bringing more than one six pack to the Mooseman.

catmarlson said...

I can't wait to see you in the transition area before the race warming up with this thing!

I'll be sure to get some pictures.

Of course if you've got a six-pack... you may want to have a few on hand to sell.