Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Swimming Woes

The Master's class in Morgantown was canceled this semester due to lack of interest. So, I have to have a long discussion with my current pool managers to see when the remodel will occur. Because the University in Morgantown is my other choice, that is still in the reasonable stage, but they really limit non-staff and students. I can get a pass that allows me to go every Monday and Wednesday evening for $35 from Feb 25 to April 25 This follows the end of the swim team season and the end of the semester. It works out to about $2 a visit if I go twice every week.

The local clubs or gyms that have pools are getting close to $100 a month. Well if you want to go month by month which is kind of what I want to do. At $100 a month I probably should have signed up for a class at WVU and just not gone, take my "F", just to have total access to the student rec center and the literally endless amount of hours that it is open. Something like 6am to 11 pm weekdays. and 10 pm weekends. To be young in college and not care about sleep or waking up for that matter (or be Shawn) . I know some of you are probably saying what is he lamenting about even the high choice is still not bad. Well, I live 15 to 20 miles from these places, with current gas prices that would be almost $5 in gas for a swim workout. Maybe I will bike to class, of course that is in the dark (both ways currently) in a state were road shoulders have not been invented yet. We are happy to have guardrails, it keeps the drunk drivers from plummeting to their death into the ravine.

1 comment:

SJV said...

Rough situation. Hard to find a good solution to that one. But don't worry! I've only swum twice since August! I'm just gonna keep working on the running, and go for the swimming maybe in the last two months. If we're gonna taper in the last week then I will really only have about 3 weeks of time after classes end. I'm gonna bike and run at home, lift and run at the Y until I have a few spare minutes. If I'm lucky, I'll get one swim in every week. So far, I haven't been lucky. But at least there isn't much fecal matter in the Y pool. There really isn't a lot of time left. We need to get that base up now, dude. I'm feeling the pressure, but it doesn't seem to be helping me do more. Homework is more important.