Monday, February 4, 2008

A Couple Home Remedies

I wanted to pass on some herbal/natural remedies.

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). I have been taking it for a couple years for stomach ailments. If I get heatburn I would take a tablespoon. The theory is that heartburn is caused by gases from imcomplete digestion. This occurs because of a lack of acid. So, ACV actually breaks down the food in your stomach more completely. Unlike AntAcids that stop the process altogther. Once, again my wife got me onto this. One night I could not sleep because of bad heartburn, I had laid there for a couple hours, she said get up and take two tablespoons of ACV, so I did. Literaly less than 10 minutes I was fine and fell a sleep like a baby. I take it now anytime my stomach is upset. I even took it recently, both morning and night when the kids were sick with the flu. I would be the only one who got the flu that didn't vomit.

Here is a another link, the reason I bring it up is it also is suppose to help in weight loss.

http://www.applecidervinegarweightloss.com/benefits-apple-cider-vinegar.html


Body Elimination is another favorite topic of mine.

http://store.naturalnirvana.com/nwana2.html

Another item I have taken in the past is a product called Naturalax #2, by Nature's way. This puppy definately makes you go. This may be a sensitive topic, but it is important to note that most of the American diet causes your nutrient absorption to stop or be reduced due to impacted fecal matter (note I mentioned John Wayne and Elvis in a previous post). This was one of the first herbal products I took consistently. I think it was 1997 I took at least two every day for a month. I won't get graphic, but stuff came out of me I was amazed at. I definately use it now only when things aren't regular. The formula comes from Dr. John R. Christopher’s lower bowel formula in his book. You could make it yourself based on his theory. I read his book, he gets a tad more graphic. He lived be only 74, dieing in 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Christopher
http://www.amazon.com/Rejuvenation-Through-Elimination-John-Christopher/dp/B000VBTSXS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202133086&sr=1-5


My all time favorite elimination guy is Dr. Norman Walker, he was 99 1/2 years old when he died. The claim is he took his daily 4 mile walk, laid down for a after lunch nap and never woke up. He was free of disease or ailments of people half his age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_W._Walker

All this said, my soon to be 92 year old Grandma is living in Williamsport, PA by herself, still drives to church and her hair appointments and occasionally to the store. She has lived on homestyle, add the butter, salt and fry it in a pan cooking for her whole life. Meat, potatoes, and real sugar. You could say, well, she is on a cup full of pills, can't lift her arms above her head, and is in constant pain. She is living, reads the bible through in a year (6 years straight), and does at least one crossword puzzle, a sudoka puzzle, and writes a letter every day. Oh, she makes at least two outfits for each girl a year.

Wow that was way too long, but I wrote so if you made it this far you have read it.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

I've read ACV is good for preventing muscle cramps as well.
I'm going to order some supplements up. ACV and maybe the Hammer Electrolytes.
At the end of swim class Friday we had a 50 race and my calf cramped up on me terribly. I can still feel it today.
So it's time for me to start working on my hydration/electrolyte plan as it seems to be a huge issue for me.

catmarlson said...

Here is a link regarding cholesterol medications.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/04/
technology/simons_cholesterol.fortune
/index.htm

You will have to paste those 3 lines back together.

Like most things, they say having an active lifestyle and a healthy diet is going to be better than any medication they can come up with.