Thursday, February 28, 2008

Brooklyn Half Marathon

As you might have noticed on the sidebar, I signed up for the Brooklyn Half Marathon today. One of my friends from college will be running with me and maybe one of the guys from swim class.
It's familiar territory as the course passes just a few blocks from where I lived in Brooklyn from 93-99. Can't say I spent much time at Coney Island or Prospect Park but we drove Ocean Parkway quite frequently.
I'm hoping this will be a good target/focus to work towards. I keep thinking that I'm weak on the bike and I should maybe focus on that... I guess I've decided that building my run endurance is probably going to help me the most in overall fitness.
So my plan is to modify the Hal Higdon intermediate Half Mary schedule into my workout schedule once I get back from Florida. Here's hoping that the warm weather will follow me up from Florida.

No comments: