Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tons of pool time

The new masters class schedule is Mon/Thurs 6AM 60 min. Wed/Fri 8PM 90 min. Tuesday night I swim with Steve because he hasn't been able to make it to masters swimming for quite awhile. He's the one that competed in Lake Placid last year. So he's been there done that, nice to be able to ask him questions.

As you can see Wed 8-9:30 PM then Thurs 6-7AM is a tough schedule I was curious how I'd swim this morning. Well, at 4AM I woke up with my abs/ribs cramping on the left side. That's a new one! I'm ordering electrolyte pills, I've got to try them out and see if that's the solution.

Swim tip from today: I was fishtailing my legs behind me which increases drag. So the fix is to move my hand entry further from the center line. Meaning I take my hands further to the outside than I had been to start the stroke.

I think next Friday night the Swim Video guy will be at our Masters Class. So we can pay him for a DVD of our swim. Personally I would like a video of everyone's swim with coach's commentary about each. I would think that would be the most useful but I doubt that will happen. I'll sign up for it anyhow, I have low expectations. Maybe it will surprise me.

No comments: