Monday, February 18, 2008

Union Holiday/ BRICK!



Wake up at 5AM, make oatmeal/applesauce/fiberone caramel mix. Drink some Mango Juice then some Blueberry Juice. Set the laptop/DVD up in front of the bike in preparation for the brick.
Oddly it's 60 degrees and raining outside, going to make for a nice run later.

Swim Class, not too awful. Again he's really trying to get my technique down so he's not having me sprint as often as he typically does. To be honest, I don't think I was rotating as well today. I think I was more on it last week. We do a repeat of ( 4x100, 8x25), I'm forgetting some stuff I'm sure. Then I do 600 with Pull Buoy. I stay another 15 minutes after class to work on Total Immersion drills to see if that will bring the balance and rotation back. 1 12oz Gatorade during the workout.

Back home about 8AM. 2nd Breakfast (hobbit style). 4 Eggs 2 yolks (omega) 3 spouted wheat toast (no butter), more blueberry juice. Prep the bike with 2 full bottles of Gatorade. Luna Bar within reach for more calories along the way. I intended to go the full 27 miles on the bike, then go run 10k. I chickened out, I decided that I should go 20 miles to make sure I had a chance at a good run. I did chug down about 44 oz of Gatorade on the bike and the Luna bar.

I didn't realize it was getting even warmer out and it had stopped raining. I should have just changed shoes and been off and running. Instead I took about 5 minutes before I got running. It didn't take long to settle in just under 9 min/mile pace. I think my biggest problem during the run was the stitch that kept getting me. Left side in the area just under the lowest rib. Could be diaphragm issue I suppose, I never really got my breathing in through my nose. I had to walk twice for about 20 seconds to let that stitch chill out.
Got home chugged down more juice and water 32 oz and stretched out.
My watch tells me I've burned 1750 calories between the bike and run. Add another 800 in for the Swim... 2500 total. Good to know for future fueling.

Overall, I'm pleased. No cramping issues. I should have weighed myself before the bike and run. Could have been helpful for hydrating info. As it was I decided to weigh myself after stretching out and I was the lowest I've seen. 181.5, which means I'm still plenty dehydrated. I'm not surprised. I'm actually considering more fluid on the bike. I've got 2 bottles already and I might add another holder behind the seat. Once it warms up, I'm guessing I'm going to need all of it.

There you have it. Now I've got to get the nail out of the car tire and get it patched up. You know, real life stuff.

2 comments:

CSquared said...

Man, 82.5 Kg. You are almost a whole Eleanor lighter than me. I weighed her last night a scale I suspect was high and she was 21.36. Mostly because Levi was over KG heavier than when I weighed him at Grandmas.

Good show. This was yesterday you did this or some other day? I got the impression yesterday, but I have lost a little track of you swim class times.

catmarlson said...

My weigh in this AM was 185. Guess I'm not dehydrated any longer. I did eat about 3400 calories Sunday and 3300 Monday rather than my typical 2000ish. I wanted to make sure I could get through it.

I'm not good enough on my bike to offer to take Eleanor with me on the bike portion of the Mooseman. I fear for my safety as it is. Ha!

This was Monday's workout.
Our current swim schedule with the coach is as follows:
Monday 6-7AM
Wednesday 8-9:30 PM
Thursday 6-7 AM
Friday 8-9:30 he leaves a workout but isn't going to be there most of the time.

The Wednesday PM to Thurs AM is tough, my suit doesn't even have time to dry out.

I'm glad I did the workout. It answered a bunch of my questions and brought up a bunch of new ones. More on that later.