Friday, February 15, 2008

Annual Illness

Well, I'm sick again. Feeling like a truck hit me. Weak, tired, sore, headache...I hope it isn't Lyme disease. I got in a sauna over the weekend, and those are known to activate latent viruses, which is what I think happened. I wish I could do the sauna-thing every couple of days. Haven't found a local one yet.

My workouts have plummeted since we got the dog and I'm not doing well in keeping up with the classes either. It's too much. I can't figure out how to fit everything in right now. I suppose the good news is that work has been pretty entertaining lately. I'm making some video games for kids that should go live on the web before too long.

I also got a grant to develop a new product that could be the basis for a business. Pennsylvania is trying to stimulate new businesses in the state by giving R&D grants for a specific genre of products, and I was lucky enough to win one of those. So just another log on the fire. Wouldn't want to take it easy or anything. Heaven forbid. Then of course I am going to commercialize my swim apparatus after I prove its value in the Tango. Did you know people are selling fins for 250 bucks a pair? And considering that I will be going faster than any fins allow one to go, I should think I could charge at least that. I'm thinking I should be able to do the two and a half miles in 25 minutes this year, so divers should be lining up for a crack at these puppies. Well, I might be living in a fantasy world, but it sure is fun here.

3 comments:

CSquared said...

I think I read Dog? You got a dog? Did I not read one of your blogs that indicated this previously or have the bunch of you gone off and started a blog that I don't know about?

What kind of dog? Was it a gift for Fiona? Is it as cool as having a three legged dog like me? Is it big, is it small, one color, multicolor, is it a working dog, is it a lap dog, is it house broken, did you get it from the pound, did you pay big bucks from some unscrupulous doggy farm, huh, huh, huh?

By the way sorry you are sick. I stay away from sauna's and hot tubs. I view it as a place for overweight corporate fat cats spend most of their time and I don't want whatever it is they got.

SJV said...

We got this dog from the local no-kill shelter called PAWS. He is an unknown mixed breed that looks like part beagle, part shepherd, possibly German, maybe Australian, maybe both. We know he's officially 1/4 beagle, and the rest is a mystery. He is only 4 months old, so the house training is not quite complete, but it looks good. He has only had a couple of accidents so far, but he's not a big fan of the crate yet. We don't want to give him the run of the house when we're gone yet. He chews everything. Loves socks and gloves.

So he's about a middle sized dog, taller than a beagle, but smaller than a lab. Kinda black and grey and brindle and tan. Really cute ears. We did get him for Fi, since she isn't getting any siblings, and she has been very good with him. So far, he's very cool, loves to be with us but isn't too wild. He likes to walk but doesn't seem to get out of control if we don't wear him out.

He did jump off the back of the couch yesterday and some people thought he broke his leg, but he didn't. So, so far he still has 4 of those.

CSquared said...

Excellent, Bear was on his way to a no kill shelter if we hadn't adopted him. We actually took three days to decide and they were getting nervous. I was getting the calls like a used car sales man. "Get down here today or I got three other people to take him at the other shelter, but we really want you to get him."

In retrospect he may have been better with people who knew how to keep him out of the road. Of course I learned some good object lessons about the sanctity and quality of life despite my many vet bills.

Bear also learned some obedience lessons that have application in my life.

Enough, congratulations! As a boat owner or dog owner would tell you, the cheapest thing you did was get that dog. I hope it fulfills Fi's sibling needs and that she isn't scarred from her parents not propagating more.