Friday, February 29, 2008

Me too

Well, I weighed myself this morning expecting to be terrified, since I have been eating everything and doing virtually no exercise other than an occasional push-up or dumbbell press. In the last two weeks, I have consumed two family sized bags of Doritos (with JalapeƱo cheese dip!), gone to KFC, eaten 2 pounds of hamburger in one meal (yikes!), consumed many boxes of cereal, mostly at midnight, and generally disregarded all sage advice about how to lose or maintain weight. I have run no more than 5K. So imagine my surprise when I got on the scale, and I was still in the same place I had been the last time I weighed myself. I had to try to explain this to myself. Here is my reasoning: All my muscles are turning back into fat, which weighs less.

I guess if I just run and don't lift at all, I would be a lot better off as far as running goes. Biking could probably benefit from some deadlifts and squats. Swimming would probably be best prepared for by swimming, so maybe that's the way to go. I doubt I'll be able to stick to that. I like being strong. Now I'm hoping I can go through another cycle of dieting and drop 10 pounds this month.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

Having a goal and a deadline really helps keep me in line.
It's easier to get somewhere if you know where you are going.

I understand not everyone is motivated by the same thing. Just a thought.