Saturday, February 3, 2007

Wahoo! 5K at 6mph

I did it! I ran 32 minutes at 6mph. My polar watch died on me during the cool down so I don't know what my average HR was. I do know it started in the 172bpm range early on and got to 185 at the end of the run.
Obviously, with those heart rates 6mph is near the top of my range. I'm going to need to work those numbers down. Intervals and hills I suppose.

I haven't decided what my next plan is going to be. Do I buy the 10K advanced trainer CDs for my treadmill? Or do I try to follow the Heart Rate Trainer book and create my own schedule? I finished both of those books already, not sure if I mentioned that. My commute allows for quite a bit of reading time in my day. I thought they were both good books. Now that I've read them both and know the whole story, it probably makes sense to skim through with post-it notes to mark the stuff I need to know.

I do know that if I go with building my own plan, I should decide on what races I'm going to do this year. If I'm going to do the Sprint Tri with Craig he has a program I can start 12 weeks before that event. It's supposed to help you keep from under/over training and let you peak on race day.

After that event we are less than a year away from Mooseman 08 but I think I'm going to do the 10K run at the NH marathon in Bristol on Sept 29th. Genine and her parents will be doing the 5k walk run. Let me know if you want to join in it's a great mid-point run. It's 238 days from now, after that it's 252 days to the Mooseman.

I think I'll add a few more counters to our web page. Craig's Sprint Tri and the NH Marathon 10k/5k let me know if you have and event you want me to add.

No comments: