Monday, February 19, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside.

It appears that Craig is correct and the posts are slowing. It's probably because the damn groundhog lied and everyone has some form of seasonal affective disorder. I am currently having difficulty rotating my excercise routine around work and sleep. Tomorrow will be another 16 hour shift serving and protecting, interrupted only for a few hours by some rest. This is one of the reasons I will not be giving up caffeine. It's my drug of choice, thank you very much.

I'm thinking of splurging on a trainer for my bike so I can add something else to my program and break things up somewhat. There's room in the basement next to the treadmill with a view of where the TV is going to go. I guess that will provide some motivation to move the TV now.

Speaking of motivation. I've also been reading different training books/articles/magazines, etc. in anticipation of training myself properly, including my head. After reading 'Ultramarathonman' an Olympic distance triathlon seems less daunting. It's the book by Dean Karnazes, the guy who ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days last year. He's done runs of over 200 miles at a stretch, with only brief bathroom and eating breaks. The book is interesting.

So, these are some of the things I've been doing. The exercise helps keep me warm and also allows me to eat good things and some not so good things. I feel that it all balances out. Hope everyone is doing well and the training plans are progressing. Last one across the line has to buy the drinks.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

Leave the cold behind.
I'm looking forward to doing some running outside while in Florida. It's an incredibly flat run so I don't see there being any problems. Gators maybe... that should give me a speed boost tho', could be a good thing.