Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Swimming is painful


Ah! Here is a swimming picture. Who is that big dope. I have been trying to figure out if it is nicer to swim in a pool or the open water. The last time I swam open water was last summer on Kinzua. I swam across a small bay and back five times. No wall to push off of . Just turn and swim, which takes some energy. But in the pool you have to turn every 25 yards and start your rhythm over again. This could be an ageless question, never to be answered.

Warming up here. Getting into the 40's during the day. Still not enough daylight after work, but days are getting longer and daylight savings is coming up (sill have to patch the computer so it knows daylight savings changed). I'm looking to hit the pool on Wednesdays and run at least three days a week. Will probably pick up the bike Mid March to early April - cool breeze in my hair on the bike in the spring, especially downhill is not much fun.

A final note, if we decide to do the Kinzua Country Tango, I'm in it to have fun. Placing is not an issue. I have no strength in the five events and am willing to fill in where needed. I should be in decent shape by then, so a combined effort of 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours should be reasonable (of course a rest between stages would be most appreciated). Shawn should be a good choice for the canoeing. I went White water rafting once with him and we had little trouble maneuvering the boat, even in the middle of rapids. Ah! The good old days, no kids, and we were invinsible.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I do think we should sign up for the Kinzua Country Tango. And I second the emotion that we should be in it for fun. I have no desire to actually try to win anything. Just competing and finishing will be good enough for me.

I have not received the full details for the legs, but I know that some require at least two participants. I would be up for doing anything but the swimming.

We only have about 5 months of preparation time for it. If we are going to do it, I guess we should decide fairly soon.

Count me in.