Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Conference Exercise blues

Sorry fellers,

I was at a conference for educators last weekend, working all day, every day, for 4 days. I was working as an intern as part of my school experience. The conference was pretty cool, but I didn't exercise to any real extent the whole time. My room was probably over a quarter mile from the sessions though (all in the same building) so I did cover a lot of ground, if that's any consolation. I think I also lost weight since I never had time to eat much. This was a technology conference, and I have to say there is some pretty crazy stuff coming down the pike, and we should get on the bus with some of it. Of course this blog is sort of a step in the right direction. Now of course all we need is to write something useful and start putting google ads on the sides, and we'll all be rolling in dough in a couple of weeks. Or something like that. Looks like we might want to buy stock in some company called Apple too. Everybody is using those new-fangled devices they have now. P-pods or something.

This 4 days away from homework has also resulted in my being behind with homework, so now working out for any significant time is going to take a hit, but I'll squeeze some short ones in. 10 minutes here and there.

I am definitely thinking of starting a blog or two about topics related to my research now. It could help to establish a repository of information about any given idea, entity or area of interest. It's going to be wiki-world soon, and the hive-mind will transform information availability. M.I.T. has already put every course they have completely online for free, for anyone to take. Check that out here -- http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

If only I could learn my way through a triathlon.

No comments: