Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Todd and Shawn Canoe?

I got an email from Todd yesterday. He will be in Warren the weekend of the tango. He's willing to Canoe or just help out where he can. I'm not married to the canoing and I believe Shawn will be the powerhouse for that event anyhow.
What do we want to do here? Or because it's "Shawn's event" should he decide?
Also where is the finish for the Canoe Race?

Craig were you going to road bike? This was from the FAQ on the Tango Homepage.

What type of bike should I use? The bike course is not technical. A couple folks used road bikes last year but most felt it was a little too rough (gravel roads) for a road bike.

2 comments:

SJV said...

This bike comment is something to think about Craig. I have done some forest service road rides here, and the gravel is rough. If you get a flat on your road bike, it will set you back. Make sure you have a spare and changing kit and such no matter what. If you want a MTB, I have a pretty good one that would fit you, although it would be unfamiliar, of course. I changed a tire the other day in less than 5 minutes, and I wasn't even rushing. On the other hand, if you think your bike can handle it, then go with that. You are comfortable on it. Did you raise the seat yet?

catmarlson said...

I emailed Todd telling him we are going to go with just the 4 of us. I asked if he could be around to shuffle us to and from the transition areas. I'm guessing Genine and others might be around as well.
Heck I'll be sitting around until stage 4. I'll try not to drink too many beers before my stage.