Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pseudo Brick

So I climbed Mt. Cardigan today, easy hike HR never went over 130 until I decided to do a bit of running for a few minutes. I remember having to work quite a bit harder making the same climb last year.
So because the hike was feeling kind of easy.... (3 hour hike). When everyone went to the beach. I pulled my bike off the car and took a lap around Newfound. I had thought "Cardiac Hill" was along the west shore of the lake and that Genine and I had climbed it yesterday. Not the case. It's not until you are going along the north shore. I'm happy to report that I didn't have to stop and walk anywhere on the ride. the 39/26 crank combo worked.
So I made it around the lake 16.5 miles in 64 minutes.
The weather is taking a turn for the worse unfortunately. It may rain the rest of our vacation, Ugh! I'm still hoping to make another ride around the 2nd half of the Mooseman bike. I'd like to have biked the entire course before next year. I might be back up later this fall, so if it doesn't work out this trip. I'll just bring the bike up on the other trips.

No comments: