Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Swim 2.2 and a brick

Well at swim class last night, I couldn't find my rotation for about 30 minutes. I kept trying to drive from the shoulders instead of the hips. Once I got it going, I maintained it for quite awhile. Still have a ways to go at figuring it all out I suppose.

Today Genine and I went up to Mountain Park again. Not many people around so I walked a couple laps, then pulled the bike off the car and started riding. I'm guessing I was on the bike about 30-40 minutes, then I hopped off and tried to run. That transition is a trip. I would run most of a lap, then walk my HR back down. Then start running again. I think after the 2nd walk my run was finally something that felt somewhat normal.
I'm hoping that park continues to stay that wide open, it's an excellent place for a beginner biker and easy to transition into a run. Once I get the computers on the bike I'll Know what kind of distances I'm doing. Should be great practice for the Morgantown Sprint.

No comments: