Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hand paddles

I got my hand paddles. They came quickly. I have yet to put them in the water. They seem as if they will be quite helpful in propelling me forward, but only practice will tell, and my arms need to be conditioned. I have been doing more high-rep weight lifting but I really need to hang upside down or do cable pulls or something, which I don't have access to. I guess I better just go swimming. If I am doing the canoe too, I think I will be having some sore muscles two days after the Tango. Oh, well. I'll take it for the team.

In looking at the orienteering section of the previously-posted time chart, I am thinking that 10 minutes per mile is extremely ambitious, considering you have to navigate, the terrain is terribly steep, and I know I can't even run that fast when I know exactly where I'm going, on a flat surface. If he makes you go up to Rimrock from the beach, there is no way you are going to go 10 minutes per mile. That is merely my opinion...I may be mistaken.

How are we doing the application?

No comments: