Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tango Refresh

I just want to prepare for any eventuality. Here is the way I see the four man team. I will lay it out, you let me know if you don't like it.

1/2 Marathon: Casey
Bike: Craig
Swim: Shawn
Orienteering: Casey & Matt
4.5 mile Run: Craig
Canoe: Shawn & Matt

I am not trying to leave anyone out. We can fill in where needed. This appears to give Casey a lot of time running and I believe the most time doing something. I can orienteer if Casey wants to run the 4.5. I thought it would be best to not make someone do two events in a row. Of course I hope Shawn isn't blown after the swim. I know he is Spartan/Ninja, but it's like my cats. They can only do amazing feats for short periods of time. Ha Ha!

Also, is Genine still interested.

Safety Canoe - I could talk to a nephew for some help. I know he has football, but probabl not on Saturday. Any spouses interested in doing it. Tamara would but she can't come because she has to work that day.

Just some ideas.

5 comments:

catmarlson said...

I like the plans. I wish I could say I could do the Orienteering and the 4.5 mile run. Not knowing what to expect for the 6 miles... Don't feel right saying it's possible.
Your adjustment would certainly take some mileage off of Casey.

Genine was very into running the 4.5 miles. She seems to run on a treadmill without a problem. Every time she has tried to run at the park she hit's a nerve or something and it takes days for it to go away. She is willing to paddle a canoe if Shawn is willing to tell her what she should be doing.
My dad is concerned that the river will be very low and there will be places we will have to hop out and pull the canoe. The canoe races are the week after us. They raise the flow for them, I doubt they will for us.

CSquared said...

My dad got some information recently from the Corp of Engineers that if Pittsburgh doesn't start to get water, the lake is going to be emptying pretty quick. So, if it continues to be dry it appears the level may be low, but it might be the opposite trying to maintain level south.

Also, may parents hae kayak paddles, which may be better than regular paddles. We can talk about those logistics later.

catmarlson said...

How about Canoes? The one my dad has is a wide bottom heavy aluminum canoe. Is there another available to us?
Are we going to use the same one for the safety canoe? Who is going to be in the safety canoe?

As for River flow, I guess we should be prepared with some water shoes in case we have to hop out a few times.

Casey said...

If there are no objections, I wouldn't mind swapping the orienteering for the 4.5 mile run. I'm cool either way though Craig, if you still wanted to keep the run.

CSquared said...

Let's switch Casey to the 4.5. The bike won't be nearly as draining as the half marathon and the topo map shows some pretty quick lines going away from the beach for the orienteering, which I'm sure Casey would feel pretty with only a couple hours rest after 13 miles. Unless we get someone else who wants to run or orienteer the line up looks like this.

1/2 Marathon: Casey
Bike: Craig
Swim: Shawn
Orienteering: Craig & Matt
4.5 mile Run: Casey
Canoe: Shawn & Matt (Genine if Shawn or Matt is willing to instruct)

Team Mooseman is looking good.