Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bad recovery.. or maybe I'm old

So last night was bike night. First I needed to do some stretching and some abs. At which point I realized my hamstrings were really sore. Then I found there were a ton of other small hip/groin muscles that weren't exactly awesome either. The thing that finished me was I realized my sciatic nerve in my left leg was buggin'. Alright, no bike tonight. There's no sense making that situation worse. More stretching and an aleve.
This morning was run morning with Todd at 5:45. We started out slowly, my hamstrings were still very tight. We stop and stretch. We run another mile or so. We stop and stretch. We run one loop of our hill loop and decide it's probably best to leave it at that and run back to the Y. The legs were getting worse along the way. It was sad. I guess it was the toll for the race on Sunday, and for the lack of attention regarding smart recovery the last few days.

I'm thinking the 10k on Saturday is looking like it's going to be a training run rather than a race. Unless my legs decide differently in the next 2 days. It will be tough for me not to "go for it" on race day but if the legs are still tight, it's going to be the right thing to do.

No comments: