Monday, April 5, 2010

Good thing I don't have a coach.

I had to take half a day off work today to go see another doctor about this plantar fasciitis foot of mine. I get to the office and tell them I'm a new patient. I hand them my insurance card. They tell me they don't accept this insurance. I tell them we had this discussion when we made the appointment, May 3rd is when you stop accepting this insurance. Oh... well sort of. If you had the HMO plan and not this Choice Select plan that would be true. There you have it.
I guess I'm not meant to get any professional help about this foot problem. I'll just keep using the ice and splint every night until.... whenever it happens to go away.

So what does this have to do with not having a coach. Well it was 80 degrees out, so even though a swim would have been the smartest thing to do, who want's to be inside on a day like this? So I went home, put on my running shorts and went running. It was U G L Y. I "ran" 6 miles. The whole time I was running I was thinking, how productive is this really? I'm sure if I had a coach, they would be calling me a dumb ass right now. Ah well, I don't have a coach and I got to be out on a really beautiful spring day. I can't complain.

I find out Wednesday if I'm in the 2010 NYC Marathon. Wahoo!

No comments: