Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fired up about swimming

Tuesday was a swim lesson, Wednesday was masters swimming.
I mentioned to the coach at masters how I'm trying to fix my left arm recovery. She watches for a bit then mentions that my left arm pull is going wrong as well. She pulls out the video camera and then shows me what it looks like and explains that I need to think about pulling straight back, rather than the mess I've got going on now.
Within a couple laps, I'm much closer to what we are looking for. It doesn't sound like much but I'm very excited about this. I don't think I've been getting much propulsion from my left arm these last few years. What I'm doing now feels great and makes so much more sense. Not to mention it feels powerful. Finally!
So I'm fired up, this feels like a significant breakthrough for me. I guess the numbers will let me know over the next few weeks.

No comments: